This is a lot of metals! I can't promise what color, shape or amount of metals you will get in your package. The picture you see is an example of one package that I pulled to show you what could be there. What I can tell you is that they are packaged by the gram and there are over 20 grams.
Kids love to add them to clothing, shoes, headbands, bows and any other fabric piece! With a little supervision from an adult, this package can keep them busy for hours.
Have them place them where they want them on the fabric and then you can heat set them. Put a Teflon sheet or light cloth over the top of them and press. It only takes about 10 to 15 seconds to heat up the glue that is already on the back of these. Let it cool for a few seconds and they are ready.
Laundry is no problem. Just turn the shirt inside out and wash and dry as usual. The reason to turn it inside out is so that the sides of your machine don't scratch the surface colors and eventually wear it off.
Another way to play with the metals is to set them on a heat transfer sticky Mylar (from the tools section of this web site) and then turn the whole project over and iron it on.
Important: When using the below method of designing, the pattern needs to be mirror imaged before laying the hot fix pieces over the top.
1.Use a coloring book or any pattern they want.
2.Tape the sticky Mylar over top of the pattern making sure the sticky side is up.
3. Use bees wax on the end of a pen or a pair of tweezers to pick up the metals.
4. Place the metals where you want them on the sticky Mylar being sure to place them UP SIDE DOWN.
5. Once you are finished designing, turn the whole Mylar over and lay it on your shirt where you want it.
6. Now iron the whole thing on at one time with a wool setting/no steam being sure to press for 10 to 15 seconds in each place.
7. Let cool and peel off the Mylar. You are all done!